PERCUTANEOUS ELECTRICAL NERVE STIMULATION (PENS)
A treatment used for the purpose of alleviating pain and improving posture and movement. It uses fine gauge acupuncture needles placed along the sides of the spine, and stimulated utilizing an electrical nerve stimulating unit. This office uses sterile, disposable needles and maintains a clean and safe environment. The needles are inserted through the skin into the underlying tissues and muscles. A twitch response may be obtained indicating a trigger point is released. Manual therapy techniques are often incorporated into treatment. Percutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (PENS) is not a form of acupuncture.
DRY NEEDLING TRIGGER POINT RELEASE
A solid filament needle is inserted into the skin and muscle directly at a myofascial trigger point. A myofascial trigger point consists of multiple contraction knots, which are related to the production and maintenance of the pain cycle. Inserting a needle into trigger points can cause favorable biochemical changes, which assist in reducing pain. A local twitch responses, which are spinal cord reflexes, response with dry needling.
WHAT TYPES OF CONDITIONS CAN TDN ASSIST?
- Neck/Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Tennis/Golfers Elbow
- Hip and Gluteal Pain
- Knee Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis/Tendonosis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Muscular Strains/Ligament Sprains
- Chronic Pain
- Athletic Performance
- Dry Needling may mechanically disrupt a dysfunctional motor end plate
- Needling results in a Local Twitch Response (LTR)
- The LTR results in an alteration to muscle fiber length as well as having an inhibitory effect on antagonistic muscles
- Baldry (2001) suggests that dry needling techniques stimulate A-nerve fibers (group III) for as long as 72 hours post needling
- Prolonged stimulation of the sensory afferent A-fibers may activate the enkephalinergic inhibitory dorsal horn interneurons, which implies that dry needling causes opioid mediated pain suppression
- Another possible mechanism of dry needling is the activation of descending inhibitory systems which would block noxious stimulus into the dorsal horn
- The LTR may also utilize the excessive ACh in the tissue which previously was triggering increased firing of localized fibers
- Studies by Shah and colleagues (2001) demonstrated increased levels of various chemicals at sensitized motor end plates such as: Bradykinin, Substance P and CGRP (regulator of Calcium and Phosphate balance). These chemicals were reduced immediately post a LTR.
- CGRP enhances the release of ACh from nerve terminals, which results in increased ACh receptors at the neuromuscular junction
- Needle penetration will cause micro-trauma and micro bleeding (localized inflammation) and hence the introduction of PDGF into the area to help promote healing
We are looking to get improvements even from the first visit such as increased range of motion, ease of movement and decreased signs/symptoms.
Sarapin ® injectable analgesic indicated for the management of muscular (trigger points) or neuropathic pain that may be treated by local infiltration or nerve block. The distillate of a suspension of powdered Sarracenia purpurea (Pitcher Plant), SARAPIN® has been used safely and effectively for pain management by physicians for over 70 years.
This targeted action effectively manages pain by acting on the sensory nerves, without any effect on motor nerves, with no tissue destruction or systemic reactions, and without any change in skin sensation.
Muscle energy techniques are used to treat somatic dysfunction, especially decreased range of motion, muscular hypertonicity, and pain. Muscle energy techniques can be employed to reposition a dysfunctional joint and treat the affected musculature. Indications include, but are not limited to: muscular shortening, low back pain, pelvic imbalance, edema, limited range of motion, somatic dysfunction, respiratory dysfunction, cervicogenic headaches, and many others.
SWEDISH & HOT STONE MASSAGE
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
SPRAY AND STRETCH
The spray and stretch technique quickly alleviates acute pain and restricted range of motion due to muscle trigger points. The application of a vapocoolant acts as a counterirritant to myofascial pain due to muscle spasm and trigger points.
TRIGGER POINT INJECTION
A treatment used for the purpose of alleviating pain and improving posture and movement. It uses fine syringe needles with the injection of an anesthetic such as Marcaine. This office uses sterile, disposable needles and maintains a clean and safe environment. The needles are inserted through the skin into the underlying tissues and muscles at specific points known as myofascial trigger points. When a twitch response is obtained the trigger point is released. Manual therapy techniques are often incorporated into treatment.
TENS & NEEDLELESS ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
The use of electric current produced by a device to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes. A non-invasive, low-risk nerve stimulation intended to reduce pain, both acute and chronic.
A few studies have shown objective evidence that TENS may modulate or suppress pain signals in the brain. For those that do not feel comfortable with needles, there is "needleless acupuncture" treatment available.
ARE YOU ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS?
DSM-IV Substance Abuse Criteria
Substance dependence is defined as a maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to
clinically significant impairment or distress as manifested by one (or more) of the
following, occurring within a 12-month period:
- *Recurrent substance use resulting in a failure to fulfill major role obligations at
work, school, or home (such as repeated absences or poor work performance
related to substance use; substance-related absences, suspensions, or
expulsions from school; or neglect of children or household).
- *Recurrent substance use in situations in which it is physically hazardous (such as driving an automobile or operating a machine when impaired by substance use).
- *Recurrent substance-related legal problems (such as arrests for substance related
- *Continued substance use despite having persistent or recurrent social or
interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of the substance
(for example, arguments with spouse about consequences of intoxication and
If any of this sounds like you or someone you know, Elite can help. Give us call and see the difference we can make. You and your family deserve better. Start the healing today.
OPIATE ADDICTION THERAPY- How We Treat
VIVITROL INJECTION FOR ALCOHOL & OPIATE USE DISORDER
SMOKING CESSATION THERAPY & POST- CESSATION REHABILITATION
We are here to help refer you to group counseling, one-on-one counseling, couples and family counseling, in-patient treatment programs (detox or rehab), NA/AA, Methadone treatment center, family counseling, and online apps & tools for treatment.